Re: New Ubuntu Kernel 2.6.37-2

> Is it possible to get the source tree of this kernel to be able to
> rebuild it while changing options ?

	I've now put up a patch against the Ubuntu kernel tree in my files
directory ( its called adams-2.6.37-vaioz.patch.bz2 ) - note that work will
almost certainly be needed to make it apply to any other tree, though you may
have luck with 2.6.37 based ones.

	There is a reasonable explanation of how to get and compile the Ubuntu
tree here:

http://blog.avirtualhome.com/2010/07/14/how-to-compile-a-ubuntu-2-6-35-kernel-
for-lucid/

	You need to note a few things though:

- when you clone the repository use ubunti-natty rather than ubuntu-lucid.
When listing the tags you can just do git tag -l to find the correct branch,
but from memory it was something like Ubuntu-2.6.37-2.10 that I used.

- arch is amd64 ( well, if you want the 64 bit kernel ) so replace i386 with
that.

- replace all "debian.maverick" with "debian.master"

- There are a couple of abi files which it tells you to copy but you don't
need to ( they're not there any more )

Adam.