VGN-Z820G

Hi. I had actually posted before using a gmail account and didn't know there was a problem with that. So here's my question again. On my Z820G I've dual booted ubuntu with win7 for quite a while and recently gave fedora13 a try. So far I haven't been successful in making the nVidia card work, let alone the graphics switch. I tried the janitor script a couple of months ago and I couldn't get it to work.

I'm not a linux newbie but I'm not an expert either, I'm hoping someone could point me to a place and/or give me clear instructions to make this and hopefully other features of the laptop to work.

Another question is the issue of the patched bios, is it going to be needed for accomplishing any of that?

Regarding the Linux distro to use, is there any recommendation, pros and cons of ubuntu vs. fedora for use with a vaio z? Right now I'm considering a clean install of both Windows and Linux, so I'm open to changing back to ubuntu if there's an advantage to doing that. Thank you all in advance.

Usama al-Binni