Ubuntu 10.10 working on my Vaio Z with Adam's kernel

Hi,

I've just installed ubuntu 10.10 on my sony vaio z12 and just wanted
to thank Adam et al for this wonderful piece of work. Thanks!

Live CD worked but graphics were all messed up and touchpad too. After
install the X server would not launch and I couldn't do CTRL+ALT+F1.
After reboot, I added "nomodeset" to grub and downloaded Adam's
2.6.26-0 kernel+headers from www.voip-x.co.uk/files/adam. I also
activated the proprietary nvidia driver. Reboot again and everything
works. Touchpad, Fn keys and graphics, except the dynamic switch.

How can I know if it is the Intel or NVidia card (or both) that is powered on?

-- Giovanni

Follow ups