Re: Kernel Updated.... again!

On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 12:59 +0000, Adam Hill wrote:

> 	The interesting thing about this one is that it appears to include the
> "wonder" group scheduling patch that's been generating a lot of interest.

For those interested in the "200 lines patch that does wonders" as
phoronix called it, there is an worth-read thread on LKML about that.
Basically, you can reach same/(better[2]) effects using 3 lines in the
bashrc (proposed by Lennart Poettering, author of pulseaudio/systemd).
Remember the patch (and the bashrc approach) is useful only for bash
ttys, aka terminal sessions (so if you compile/etc from commandline).

I've disabled config option for the autogroup patch in favor of the
bashrc approach, as it also provides a nice interface to see what is
going on (via the cgroup fs)
For the bashrc approach look here
http://blog.linux.it/raistlin/linux/2010/11/17/autogrouping_must_die
http://www.webupd8.org/2010/11/alternative-to-200-lines-kernel-patch.html