Re: ATA Bus reset when plugging/unplugging AC power on Z13 ?

After many attempts, it turns out the "pm-utils" package contained two
"hooks" that caused the ATA errors. To resolve this, the following files
must be added:

/etc/pm/power.d/harddrive
/etc/pm/power.d/sata_alpm

Once these two placeholder files are added, they automatically override the
corresponding two bundled hooks, and pm-utils will not cause ATA bus errors
anymore. I feel safer now :-)

This is on Gentoo Linux with pm-utils 1.4.1, by the way.