Re: Major RAID speed improvement (for advanced Linux users)

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the report.

I ca add though:

If you use mdadm instead dmraid to access your NATIVE fakeraid (without
a linux software raid) you get actually the same results :)

hdparm -tT /dev/md0

/dev/md126:
 Timing cached reads:   9010 MB in  2.00 seconds = 4506.74 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads: 1498 MB in  3.00 seconds = 498.81 MB/sec

And a little side remark:

For all I know: mdadm is also favored by intel going forward over dmraid
- but ubuntu still favors dmraid by default (I think).

Best,

Knuth