Re: Brightness control on nvidia

Hi Jordi,

Same here, I would be very happy if we could control brightness while
running on the NVIDIA card.  I don't know exactly what it takes, maybe the
Intel card needs to be accessible from the PCI bus (since, as I heard, the
physical brightless control is connected to the Intel card).  As I see it,
initializing the Intel card without allocating any of its buffers (ie:
initialize it just enough so we can ask it to set the brightness) might be
the way to do it.

Maybe we could set up a bounty that would go to the one who publishes a
kernel patch and/or generic shell script and instructions to do it ?  That
could be nice...