Re: Brightness control on nvidia

You should be able to use nvclock to change brightness. The following is what I use, but I don't ever use the Intel card, so to make it generic, you'd want to do some sort of detection in the shell script, depending on how you're doing your switching.

# /etc/acpi/events/sony-z-brightness-down
event=sony/hotkey SNC 00000001 00000010
action=/etc/acpi/sonyzbrightbtn.sh down

# /etc/acpi/events/sony-z-brightness-up
event=sony/hotkey SNC 00000001 00000011
action=/etc/acpi/sonyzbrightbtn.sh up

#/etc/acpi/sonyzbrightbtn.sh
#!/bin/sh
nvclock=/usr/bin/nvclock
#log=/tmp/sony-brightness.log
log=/dev/null
ret=0

echo $0 $@ >> $log
case "$1" in
    up)
        $nvclock -S +12% >> $log 2>&1 ;
        ret=$$;
    ;;
    down)
        $nvclock -S -12% >> $log 2>&1 ;
        ret=$$;
    ;;
    *)
        $nvclock -i |grep 'Brightness level' >> $log 2>&1 ;
        ret=$$;
esac

exit $ret