Re: New Vaio Z13, problems

I think the backlit keyboard is totally software-independent, and will work even in a frozen system.

My system is a wee bit older than yours (vpcz11x9/e), and I didn't get it working alright until I swapped to a hacked kernel ( http://www.voip-x.co.uk/files/adam/ ) and hacked the bios to enable static switching behaviour.

That's my experience, I hope someone else in the list can tell you whether it's possible to get away with a dynamic switching bios and a standard kernel.

De: "blackkane" <blackkane@xxxxxxxxx>
A: "Joël Bourquard" <joel.bourquard@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: sony-vaio-z-series@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enviat: Divendres, 10 de Desembre 10el 2010 18:50:36
Assumpte: Re: [Sony-vaio-z-series] New Vaio Z13, problems

Hi,

Congratulations for your new Vaio ! :-)

Sorry I can't answer more (have to go) but here's already some advice for #1: to prevent your touchpad and keyboard from going south in X, either use the i8042.xxxx parameters on the kernel command-line or (it's better) switch to a more recent kernel like 2.6.37-rc3 on which the i8042 problems are automatically worked around.

Hi,
I've the same hardware configuration of Wounter and I use kernel-2.6.37-0.rc3.git3.2.fc15 but sometimes my system goes to freeze after login screen (it's very strange because when I type something the keyboard backlit responde...).
Regards, F.