Re: New Vaio Z13, problems

In my (short) experience, a non-patched kernel works well. But you
definitely have to batch the BIOS and enable static switching.

Best regards,

Joël

--
Sent from my Android phone.
Please excuse my brevity.
On Dec 10, 2010 7:01 PM, "Jordi Augé" <jordi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the backlit keyboard is totally software-independent, and will
work even in a frozen system.

> My system is a wee bit older than yours (vpcz11x9/e), and I didn't get it
working alright until I swapped to a hacked kernel (
http://www.voip-x.co.uk/files/adam/ ) and hacked the bios to enable static
switching behaviour.

> That's my experience, I hope someone else in the list can tell you whether
it's possible to get away with a dynamic switching bios and a standard
kernel.

#1: to prevent your touchpad and keyboard from going south in X, either use
the i8042.xxxx parameters on the kernel command-line or (it's better) switch
to a more recent kernel like 2.6.37-rc3 on which the i8042 problems are
automatically worked around.

> Hi,
> I've the same hardware configuration of Wounter and I use
kernel-2.6.37-0.rc3.git3.2.fc15 but sometimes my system goes to freeze after
login screen (it's very strange because when I type something the keyboard
backlit responde...).