Re: status of graphics switch support in vanilla kernels

On Friday 11 February 2011 00:52:47 you wrote:
> btw, brightness can be controlled through the nvidia-settings, however the
> precompiled kernel does not have the PM_debug turned on so I cannot tell
> with powertop if it is indeed using less power.

Careful with nvidia-settings and the Z.  Last I checked for me it controlled
contrast (or something like that) instead, giving the illusion of being dark
or light but it wasn't actually brightness.  One user warned this may not be
good for your vision (though I don't know why).

Brightness controls with the Intel card definitely appear correct.

-Justin