Z series Intel Help

Hoping that someone has run into this and has ideas...  So I just
built the latest 2.6.38-git6 kernel and its booting and the Intel card
seems to be working quite well...  At the moment I have no
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file and its booting up but when I try to start
compiz I get a noGLX message.  The biggest annoyance is that when I
try to full screen a flash video in firefox the display goes wonky and
I can't really see anything.  Bout the only way to get things back are
to drop to console and restart the gdm service.

I've done some searching but haven't turned up any great ideas.

I do have my bios hacked and I'm doing static switching so I don't
need the acpi call...

If anyone has any pointers to documentation that I've missed I'd be
greatly appreciative.  My model number is VPCZ12CGX.  Distro is Ubuntu
10.10.
Video card reads as this:
xxxx@xxxx:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

Not very helpful but thats what gets returned...

Thanks gentlemen

~Brett

Follow ups