2.6.39-rc1 and sony-laptop-zseries0.9np8pre1 - what now?

Hi all,
I have installed Ubuntu 11.4beta and upgraded the kernel to 2.6.39rc1 and
installed sony-laptop-zseries0.9np8pre1.
I can see that the LED indicating SPEED/STAMINA follows the switch, but it
seems that I am running on Intel no matter how the switch is positioned.
I conclude this by issuing the following commands:

grep -i nvidia /var/log/Xorg*

which returns nothing, grep for 'Driver' returns (among other lines):
[     9.075] (II) intel: Driver for Intel Integrated Graphics Chipsets:
i810,

I have not installed any additional NVIDIA drivers. Is this my next step?

lspci finds both graphics adapters.
I have a VPCZ11Z9E

Hope some of you can help me

Cheers,