natty beta

I tried the beta released a few days ago on Z12 and I noticed that there is a
black screen during boot, but when X loads then everything becomes fine.  This
only seems to happen when intel graphics is used.  If I static switch to
nvidia, then the screen is active during boot.

My guess is this bug has something to do with the "vga=" setting introduced in
the beta, and mentioned in the release notes.  Can anyone else confirm?  I
guess the system still works, but it's kind of scary to boot into darkness and
cross fingers waiting for X.

Justin

Follow ups