Re: natty beta

Same for me, Justin, although the hard switch makes no difference. On boot i first get a purple screen, then black for about 10 seconds, then boots fine. This is consistent.

Started happening with the most recent update.

Doesn't affect anything but is annoying and might cause people who have done new installations to think they have failed, and get really frustrated...

I tried the beta released a few days ago on Z12 and I noticed that there is a
black screen during boot, but when X loads then everything becomes fine.  This
only seems to happen when intel graphics is used.  If I static switch to
nvidia, then the screen is active during boot.

My guess is this bug has something to do with the "vga=" setting introduced in
the beta, and mentioned in the release notes.  Can anyone else confirm?  I
guess the system still works, but it's kind of scary to boot into darkness and
cross fingers waiting for X.

Justin