Installation Issues - Natty Dual boot on VPCZ139GG

Hello guys,

After digging our threads and tons of online forums, I've decided to ask for
help/suggestions myself;

My laptop (Z139GG) has 8GB RAM, 4x64GB SSD drive and i7-640 CPU, running
Windows 7 64bit.

I have downloaded the 64bit desktop image for Natty (11.04), shrinked my
main partition by 10 GB and rebooted from the LiveCD.

Installer loaded well (was surprised graphics and even touchpad wotked
straight off) - I have created 2 logical ext4 partitions - 8GB for root, 2
GB for /home and hit 'Forward' (on the checkbox below I chose /dev/sda for
GRUB). Installer finished copying files and then asked to restart.  I
removed the CD, rebooted. and got thrown to grub rescue mode, with an error
of "cannot find ...........".

I fixed my MBR using Windows 7 setup disk, and rebooted to windows, deleted
the logical partitions the installer created and rebooted again with the
LiveCD.

This time I created the extended space, and logical drives with GParted
(formatted them ext4 too), and clicked install right after that - this time
installer ran all the way but just at the end (GRUB setup part) gave me an
error saying GRUB could not set itself on /dev/sda.  I was given me a combo
with all other partitions shown, but the "OK" button did not respond for
any other option I tried..

Bottom line - I've freed up space on my HD, cannot make GRUB work well,
unable to install.

1) Have I missed any special steps necessary in order to help GRUB identify
my root partition (considering the fact I've got RAID0 on my SSD drive)?
2) Should I try running the installer again from the Alternate version?
3) Is Adam's kernel patch still necessary on 11.04?
4) Should I install GRUB on my "/" partition and chain it with a different
boot manager?

Thanks in advance,

--
*