Re: Z12 and 11.04

Thank you Rutger,

update-alternatives and ldconfig got my Intel card working again. Nice!

Notes:
- I'm still switching statically, so it takes a full reboot, not just an X
restart.
- I have to do a little xorg.conf housekeeping before switching. (Nvidia
needs a /etc/X11/xorg.conf file that doesn't work with Intel. Intel needs no
xorg.conf file.)

(I just wish I understood update_alternatives and ldconfig better. For now
I'll just have to add them to my "magical incantations" list, alongside
"update-initramfs" :-).

John E.