Microphone issues - VPCZ139GG

Hey guys,

I've been trying to set-up the internal vaio microphone on my VPCZ139GG
unsuccessfully with 11.04.

On all VAIO forums I see that editing */etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf* with
a line at the end adding the line *'options snd-hda-intel model=toshiba-s06'
*and rebooting should fix the problem.

So I've tried - but rebooting with that line (or other parameters such as
auto, vaio, assamd and others) still did not work for me.

Thing is I cannot even see the word "DMic" in alsamixer or when running
amixer, or 'arecord -l' - All I see is a list of Analog devices.

When running the sound applet, all I see on the 'Input' tab under
'Connectors' is 'Analog Microphone' or 'Analog Input'.
at the bottom of the tab, it says 'Choose a device for sound input:' and all
I've got is 'Internal Audio Analog Stereo'.

How do I add a digital input device to the device list?

Am I missing something else?

BTW, sound playback works perfect.

Thanks in advance,
--