Re: ANy experience with battery lifetime?

On 05/23/11 00:03, Travis Reeder wrote:
My battery life went way down too after installing linux and I *think* I have the nvidia card turned off. I used to get 5 hours easily, now I get 2 if I'm lucky. I'm wondering if Sony did some other power saving things on the Windows install?
I followed an advice given in the wiki in a http://linux-on-sony-vaio-z.wikispaces.com/VPCZ1390x started by shosck.one Now Nvidia is really off and system reports 14W power usage which translates to 4h-4h20 (screen 100% backlight running firefox, chatzilla, pidgin and thunderbird)
I'm happy

zalun