Re: new testing release of sony-laptop-zseries 0.9np8pre3

On Mi, 13 Jul 2011, Boris Dolgov wrote:
> >        - turn on/off the CD
> How can I control it? There are no new rfkills.

/sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/odd_power
	(optical disc drive)

> >        - set the battery care function (!!!)
> It works! Thank you!

/sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/battery_care_limiter

> of battery care and your one. When battery reaches 80% and battery
> care was enabled on windows, power manager reports, that battery is
> not charging. But when battery care was enabled on linux, it reports
> that the battery is still charging, though it's level doesn't rise
> above 80%.

Hmm, that is a bug in your power manager. My
	acpi
command shows that it is not charging, as well as the gnome-power-manager
(AFAIR). So this is user space problem.

Do you have any (bad) experiences with suspend to ram?

Best wishes

Norbert
MOLESBY (n.)
The kind of family that drives to the seaside and then sits in the car
with all the windows closed, reading the Sunday Express and wearing
sidcups (q.v.)
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff