Re: new testing release of sony-laptop-zseries 0.9np8pre3

Yes, it's with the standard battery (6 cells, I believe). Using the
intel GPU it gets up to 5-6 hours (which I rarely do, since at home I
want to use the HDMI-port without rebooting)

Have you ever cleaned the dust off from your CPU fan? After 2 years I
realized the CPU temperature never fell under 60°C and the fan was
always spinning at high rates (and quite noisy).
After taking apart and cleaning the whole computer from dust, the
temperature is now always around 40°C, the fan stops quite often (and is
otherwise very quiet).
But the most important thing: battery life increased about 30 minutes at
least.

good luck,
Carlchristian