Problems with kernel 3.1 and vaio Z21 (2011)

Hi,

I have a 3.1-rc4 kernel (rc6 does not bring something new for sandy bridge
and vaio) and AFAIK nobody have reported these problems:
- ethernet timeout (sometimes I need to refresh the page because I have the
following message "Server not found"), no errors or drop appear with
ifconfig eth0
- on gnome 3 the rendering is not clean, I see horizontal lines on the
adwaita window decoration
- sometimes xorg or gdm or gnome 3 crash and gdm is restarted like if I have
done sudo service gdm3 restart

So can you confirm that you do not have them and post some details like the
following ?

Vaio Z21: i5 2540M, 8go RAM, 128 ssd (dm-raid), no PMD, 1600x900 screen
Linux: Debian sid 64bits with 3.1-rc4 kernel and gnome 3 from experimental
repository
Ethernet timeout: yes
Rendering problem: yes
Random crash: yes

Also, I have the following errors in dmesg:

[    3.237417] mtrr: no more MTRRs available
[    3.237481] [drm] MTRR allocation failed.  Graphics performance may
suffer.

Do you have the same problems ? And if not, can you post the result of the
following command:
cat /proc/mttr

I have also this one:
[    6.228438] [Firmware Bug]: Duplicate ACPI video bus devices for the same
VGA controller, please try module parameter "video.allow_duplicates=1"if the
current driver doesn't work.

Did you try to apply video.allow_duplicates=1 ?

Regards,
Damien R.

Follow ups