GNOME3 has these random crashes on my machine too, i've mostly experienced it on webpages where flash is embedded... I'm actually pretty confident that this is the only place i've seen this happen.

Same stuff on my messages.log too...

/Nicklas

On 2011-09-21 09:59, Damien R wrote:
Hi,

I have a 3.1-rc4 kernel (rc6 does not bring something new for sandy bridge and vaio) and AFAIK nobody have reported these problems: - ethernet timeout (sometimes I need to refresh the page because I have the following message "Server not found"), no errors or drop appear with ifconfig eth0 - on gnome 3 the rendering is not clean, I see horizontal lines on the adwaita window decoration - sometimes xorg or gdm or gnome 3 crash and gdm is restarted like if I have done sudo service gdm3 restart

So can you confirm that you do not have them and post some details like the following ?

Vaio Z21: i5 2540M, 8go RAM, 128 ssd (dm-raid), no PMD, 1600x900 screen
Linux: Debian sid 64bits with 3.1-rc4 kernel and gnome 3 from experimental repository
Ethernet timeout: yes
Rendering problem: yes
Random crash: yes

Also, I have the following errors in dmesg:

[    3.237417] mtrr: no more MTRRs available
[ 3.237481] [drm] MTRR allocation failed. Graphics performance may suffer.

Do you have the same problems ? And if not, can you post the result of the following command:
cat /proc/mttr

I have also this one:
[ 6.228438] [Firmware Bug]: Duplicate ACPI video bus devices for the same VGA controller, please try module parameter "video.allow_duplicates=1"if the current driver doesn't work.

Did you try to apply video.allow_duplicates=1 ?

Regards,
Damien R.