Well, I made it today anyway...

You can find the module build stuff here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52773

I suggest that you install "yaourt": https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Yaourt

And then it's simply:
yaourt -S sony-laptop-zseries-git

I can also greatly recommend you that you install the linux-sony kernel from AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51456
If you haven't done that already :) I'm using it, just with kernel 3.1 RC7

/Nicklas

On 2011-09-29 16:50, Paula Cafeld wrote:
Hello everybody,

today I reinstalled my VGN-Z51 with Archlinux. Everythings works fine so far :-) Unfortunately I couldn't get the sony-laptop module (sony-laptop-zseries-0.9np8) to load at startup. I extracted the archive under /usr/src and did a:

- make
- make test (the LED at the stamina/speed switch is on)
- make install

Afterwards the module resides in /lib/modules/3.0-pae/updates
When I restart the laptop, Archlinux loads the standard sony-laptop module (version 0.6) and ignores the module in the updates directory. Does someone have an idea, what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance
Paula.