VPCZ135GG + ubuntu oneiric + sony-laptop-module = infinite loop during boot

Hi there,

Been using Ubuntu Oneiric on my VPCZ135GG for the past week ... everything
(that matters to me) works more of less.

For the past few days, I have been having issues during boot time ... the
boot process would never end, I would have the splash screen going on
forever ... Once in that state, the only way to get out is to hard-reset
the laptop.

After replacing ligthdm with gdm, my laptop was booting normally for a
couple of time, so I thought that it was simply an issue with lightdm. But
once more, and still using gdm, it happened again.

After disabling the splash screen in the grub configuration, I was able to
get more meaningful information ... and in particular the following error
messages repeated again and again ...

udevd[NNN]: timeout killing 'keymap input/event9 module-sony' [1014]
/bin/modprobe -bv pci:v00...NNN' [451]

I have yet to figure out a pattern here, but it seems that the sony-module
is involved ...

Sylvain

--
Wiki:         http://linux-on-sony-vaio-z.wikispaces.com/