Re: Touchpad works but not properly on Z2

Hi,
on debian, you can configure it with synclient for one session, and write
down the options in the xorg.conf to make it permanent. From what I
understood, what we have is a clickpad, which is actually one giant touch
sensible button to be handle differently depending on where the finger
lies. From the archives of this mailing list, here is my
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad catchall"
        Driver "synaptics"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Option "LeftEdge"               "2900"
        Option "RightEdge"              "4000"
        Option "TopEdge"                "1620"
        Option "BottomEdge"             "3900"
        Option "TapButton1"             "1"
        Option "TapButton2"             "3"
        Option "TabButton3"             "2"
        Option "FastTaps"               "1"
        Option "CornerCoasting"         "1"
        Option "CoastingSpeed"          "0.30"
        Option "PalmDetect"             "true"
        Option "VertTwoFingerScroll"    "true"
        Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll"   "true"
        Option "SHMConfig"              "on"
        Option "SendCoreEvents"
        Option "MaxDoubleTapTime"       "50"
        Option "LBCornerButton"         "1"
        Option "RBCornerButton"         "3"
        Option "FingerLow"              "7"
        Option "FingerHigh"             "8"
        Option "MaxTapTime"             "180"
        Option "MaxTapMove"             "110"
        Option "VertScrollDelta"        "20"
        Option "HorizScrollDelta"       "20"
        Option "MinSpeed"               "0.60"
        Option "MaxSpeed"               "1.10"
        Option "AccelFactor"            "0.030"
        Option "EdgeMotionMinpeed"      "200"
        Option "EdgeMotionMaxSpeed"     "200"
EndSection

The parameter regulating whether the bottom part of the pad should be
sensible is the BottomEdge one. This mostly works, however the click
doesn't take into account the position of the finger and is always
considered as a left click. I'm now used to solely tap.
Hoping this helps,
Vincent.