Re: Fanspeed on SVT1111C5E (Sony Vaio T-Series)

hi everybody,

> As far as i know there are two ways to fix it. First is setting the fan
> speed by using the fanspeed file, which is created by sony-laptop module.
> [...] Unfortunately the fanspeed file is missing. I assume that the
> T-Series is not supported by sony-laptop yet.

i have just build kernel 3.5.0 (previous was 3.4.0 and 3.4.6) and it looks
like there have been some changes to the sony-laptop module. To me the most
interesting change<http://www.mail-archive.com/platform-driver-x86@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg03203.html>adds
the thermal_profiles and thermal_control files. Using those files i
can choose between three different profiles: balanced, silent and
performance. I have played around with thermal profiles for an hour and can
not tell any difference between them. Fan still kicks in very early. It is
a pity there is no precise way of configuring the behavior of the fan.

Yevgeniy.