Re: SVZ13114 and VPCZ2 touchpad/clickpad problem

Le mar. 11 sept. 2012 17:39:48 CEST, Francesco Saltarelli a écrit :
Hi everyone,

The clickpad on the sony svz13 (also known as z3) doesn't work properly: tapping results also in moving the cursor, so it's really difficult to click in the right place.

I tried also this guide: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11918367&postcount=18 <http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11918367&postcount=18> and added a 10-synaptics.conf file in order to get the clickpad buttons working (left click and right click)

Under windows it works painless but only after installing the synaptic drivers, before it's the same as under ubuntu

As in the object I tried also on a sony vpcz2 and it's the same !

Is there a way to get it working properly ?

Best regards
--
Saltarelli Francesco, <F.O.S.> castrumargenti@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:castrumargenti@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,
 for now I use the following options in my 10-synaptics.conf

Section "InputClass"
       Identifier "touchpad catchall"
       Driver "synaptics"
       MatchIsTouchpad "on"
       MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
       Option "LeftEdge"               "2900"
       Option "RightEdge"              "4000"
       Option "TopEdge"                "1620"
       Option "BottomEdge"             "3800"
       Option "TapButton1"             "1"
       Option "TapButton2"             "3"
       Option "TabButton3"             "2"
       Option "FastTaps"               "1"
       Option "CornerCoasting"         "1"
       Option "CoastingSpeed"          "0.30"
       Option "PalmDetect"             "true"
       Option "VertTwoFingerScroll"    "true"
       Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll"   "true"
       Option "SHMConfig"              "on"
       Option "SendCoreEvents"
       Option "MaxDoubleTapTime"       "50"
       Option "LBCornerButton"         "1"
       Option "RBCornerButton"         "3"
       Option "FingerLow"              "7"
       Option "FingerHigh"             "8"
       Option "MaxTapTime"             "180"
       Option "MaxTapMove"             "110"
       Option "VertScrollDelta"        "20"
       Option "HorizScrollDelta"       "20"
       Option "MinSpeed"               "0.60"
       Option "MaxSpeed"               "1.10"
       Option "AccelFactor"            "0.030"
       Option "EdgeMotionMinpeed"      "200"
       Option "EdgeMotionMaxSpeed"     "200"
       Option "SoftButtonAreas"        "4000 0 3800 0 2000 3999 3800 0"
EndSection

Using this file, I get the « clicking » working properly, especially a middle click when pressing just above the fingerprint reader. Another thing which works well with this file is the click and drag. Here you can click on the bottom smooth part of the pad and drag with an other finger on the upper part. The important line is the SoftButtonAreas option for this. The only annoying thing I couldn't figure out is how to deactivate moving the cursor in the bottom part without deactivating the middle and right click area detection. If you dont want this, I believe you can use the AreaBottomEdge parameter to render the bottom part of the pad insensitive. Using this the mouse will no longer move, but I believe clicking with your finger in this area will still trigger a click (although I'm not sure on this one). A good reference on these parameters can be found in synaptics man page. Search for "Area handling".

Good luck,
Vincent.