when upgrading to 12.10, grub fails to install if using RAID0

Hi,

just a quick remark for those of you who are thinking about upgrading to 12.10.

I upgraded by 12.04 install to 12.10 (using a Z13 with no custom
kernels, bios hacks or drivers). Everything went well, except that the
upgrade script does not play nice with RAID. I have my two SSDs as one
RAID0 hard disk. I had to create a bootable USB drive, boot using that
one, and re-install grub to the root of the logical hard drive (in my
case "/dev/mapper/iswfeheiegigVolume0").

I'm using bumblebee, so no fiddling with the GPU drivers, my first
impressions are that everything works like before.

Cheers,
Heikki

Follow ups