synaptic touchpad on SVZ1311C5E

Hi All,
I try to get my touchpad configured correctly...

Now it workss but the button area is also sensitive to the pointer input...

very annoying if you try to click a button.

does anyone have experience in configuring it in mint 13 or alike?

I created a xconf.org in etx?X11 containing an input class section.

This fixed the right click issue but not the sesitiveness of the button
area...

Any pointer to what options are available in the inputclass ?

tx

hugo

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "touchpad catchall"
Driver "synaptics"
MatchIsTouchpad "on"
# This option is recommend on all Linux systems using evdev, but cannot be
# enabled by default. See the following link for details:
# http://who-t.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-t ... rrors.html
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Option "TapButton1" "1"
Option "TapButton2" "2"
Option "TapButton3" "3"
Option "ClickPad" "true"
Option "EmulateMidButtonTime" "0"
Option "SoftButtonAreas" "50% 0 82% 0 0 0 0 0"
Option "VertEdgeScroll" "true"
Option "VertTwoFingerScroll" "true"
EndSection

--
Hugo Koopmans

[m] +31 6 4310 6780

voorzitter Stichting PAJ ( www.stichtingpaj.nl )
zorg en herstel van onze natuurlijke leefomgeving moeder aarde

managing partner DIKW Consulting ( www.dikw.com )
data > information > knowledge > wisdom