VPCZ21 PMD not working at all.

Hi guys,

I have just installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my Sony Vaio Z21. I understand that
this installation (with kernel 3.5) should enable the basic functionality
of the PMD (usb, bdrom, etcetc) except for the video card.

When running Ubuntu from my live usb it does enable these basic functions.
But when booting the ubuntu installation, all of these functions just dont
work anymore.

So I am wondering, before installing the 3.6 kernel, what must I do/enable
first to activate these functions again? I dont wanna waste time compiling
the 3.6 kernel again, already tried that 4 times..

Any help would gladly be appreciated!

Kind regards,
Roberto Gardenier