Re: how to properly configure a touchpad with clickpad

Try searching the list's
archive<https://lists.launchpad.net/sony-vaio-z-series/> for
solutions.
The messages I can remember so far all don't have an ideal solution.

My approach to it would be the following (if I had the time), if this is at
all possible:
Leave the whole touchpad area touch sensitive, *but* separate the area into
two sections (the main part, and the button part). For any touch-activity
on the button part, use the touch-position to determine whether or not it's
a left or right click, and after the touch-position has been used for *that*,
discard the movements (stop the event from bubbling upwards, or send a
software move-event in the opposite direction after it)
--
Maarten Abbink