Re: VPCZ133GX - which system

Hi

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 and it seems to work out tof the box at least with Intel card on my Z12.
I believe that any recent distribution will work.

-Martin

Den 14-12-2012 10:10, Piotr Zalewa skrev:
Hi,

I've been using my Vaio with Gentoo for quite some time (almost 2 years now), but I've got some lib conflict and stuff and decided to reinstall the system to a less hassle one.

Which one should I choose? I won't use the default KDE/Gnome/XFCE/WTV so this is not a question about preferences, or start of a flamewar. I can handle any Linux. I'm looking for a distribution which should run "out of the box" with some tweaks.

I'm looking at Ubuntu (maybe server edition to avoid bloatware) and OpenSuse.

Do I still need to go through some special installation procedure like it used to be the case 2y ago?

The best answer would be: "I'm using Suse - here are the installation instructions, this and that is not working."

Thanks
zalun