Re: Tired of issues

Hello,

After a reboot wireless doesn't work in Ubuntu 12.10. NetworkManager
applet shows "Device is not ready". '$rfkill ublock all' doesn't help.
To turn on wireless again I need to remove battery and make several
reboots. I didn't manage to compile the latest version of the
NetworkManager (9.6.4) or find binary package. Wireless was working
perfectly in Ubuntu 11.10, but 12.04 and 12.10 have the same problem.

I've also tried to update kernel to the version 3.7.0 (have no idea if
it could help). But the Janitor couldn't install sony modules there
(stamina switch doesn't work, brightness buttons don't work). And
wireless device is anyway inaccessible after reboots.

Could somebody give any advice?

My device is VGNZ790DHB.

all the best,
Andrey Sheyko