Re: Ubuntu + Windows

I did it like this:

i used the laptop's fakeraid, and had used the legacy/BIOS mode (as opposed
to uefi mode)
 linux identifies the fakeraid block device as
/dev/mapper...someLongFileName
first make sure your windows is installed and bootable, or else the grub
installer won't create a windows boot menu entry.
then, using the ubuntu live-cd/usb flashdrive with that cd image on it,
create/resize all the necessary partitions.
finally, using the ubuntu setup, assign the proper use to the partitions
you just created, chose the right device to write the MBR to, and you
should be all done.

This approach works for me. However, I don't know too much about whether or
not this somehow affects the ssd's erosion negatively.

the next challenge will be getting all devices to work properly, which will
be a serious pain. i promise.
--
Maarten Abbink