HDMI out *and* brightness adjustment on the Z13 ? Please help...

Hi all,

I have a Z13 (model is VPCZ13AFJ) running Gentoo linux with latest
everything (kernel 3.7.2, xorg server 1.13.1, intel driver 2.20.18, nvidia
driver 313.18).

My BIOS is patched so that the Speed/Stamina switch determines which video
card gets enabled at next boot. During boot it runs a tiny script that
detects which card is active and changes a line in xorg.conf according to
that.

Now here's the limitation I'm running into:

- In Speed (NVIDIA) mode: HDMI output works, but I can't adjust the
built-in LCD backlight (always at 100%).
- In Stamina (INTEL) mode: I can adjust the built-in LCD backlight, but
HDMI output does not work.

Is there a way (I mean *any* way) to *simultaneously* have a working HDMI
output *and* the ability to adjust the built-in LCD backlight ?

Please note:
- In NVIDIA mode, I tried "nvclock" (and writing to /proc files) but it has
no effect and "nvidia-settings" doesn't offer a way to adjust the backlight.
- I don't care about 3D performance nor power consumption. I'd just want
both things to work simultaneously.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Joël