Ambient Light Sensor (ALS) support on kernel 3.8 (Ubuntu 13.04)

As stated in the other threat, I'm trying to use sony-acpid on Ubuntu 13.04
(the only ways to exploit the ALS sensor on linux, as long as I know) but
it requires the support of the sensor by kernel. On Ubuntu 12.10 I used
sony-vaio-zseries module version 0.9np8pre3. It doesn't build on kernel
3.8. Is it right to say that it is not supported anymore?

I'm using bumblebee in order to switch off the nvidia card (I did few test
to use it with nouveau driver thought optirun, but I'm not very interested
in this scenario) but the absence of sony-vaio-zseries leave the ALS (and
some nice features lacking in vanilla kernel) without support.

I've just found a copy of this module with a patch to build on kernel 3.6+;
it seems to work on 3.8: https://github.com/absorb-it/sony-laptop-zseries

I'm noting also that Mattia Dongili (the kernel maintainer of the
sony-laptop module) has worked recently on  ALS support but I don't know if
such changes are already in sources of 3.8 (maybe it is for a different
model) or they are for next release. It would be nice to extract an
external copy of Mattia's work that we can use on kernel 3.8.

my 2¢.

Mario

Follow ups