Re: ACPI support on recent sony laptop

Hi Mario,

I haven't published it so far because it is not well written and I
would like to publish a better version.

I'm working also on another script which is a kind of battery life
saver. As you know, when you unplug and plug again your laptop it
stats charging your battery and after one or two minutes it stops
again just because it is full again. Furthermore, the battery is every
time charged to 100% which is not very healthy. I made a script that
start charging the battery only if is under 50% and stops when it
reachs 80%. If you unplug for some minutes and plug it again the
battery is not charged again if the level is still upper than 50%.

This is possible thanks to the sony acpi features, and what I have
written is just a daemon that writes  in some sys files.

you can find both attached, but I haven't dedicated so much time to
them, so it's just a draft...

I'm still waiting the update of this fucking kernel module to rewrite
everything and publish it.

I have also made an dkms .deb package for debian and ubuntu which
updates the kernel module automatically on every linux kernel update.
I have attached also that. (I hope it's my last version but I'm not
sure, if it doesn't work just send me an email with the error messages
and I will fix it... ;)