Re: Best Distro

On Mon, 2013-11-04 at 19:00 -0500, Leonardo Rodriguez wrote:
> Adam,
>
>      I am also on a z1 (VPCZ-1290X) and everything works fine in Fedora
> 19 here except for these two issues:
>
> No sound coming out of the speakers (although the headphone jack works
> fine).

That's fixed in kernel 3.12, which you can grab from the
https://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/rawhide-kernel-nodebug/ repo and
should work OK on F19, I think.

> With BIOS set to static graphics and on stamina (Intel graphics) the
> suspend to RAM causes a blank screen on resume.

That's odd, that's how I have mine set up and I don't have that problem
at all. Try it with kernel 3.12 maybe? Beyond that I'm not sure. When
you say 'BIOS set to static graphics' do you mean using the hack that
went around back when the systems first came out? That's what I have
too.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey