Re: Dual GPU

Hi,

I have a sony vpc-z21 with a dockingstation. Two external display are connected
with the dockingstation and there is gnome-shell running. On the internal
display i have only a gnome-terminal running.

My xorg.conf is

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier   "LeftMonitor"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier   "RightMonitor"
EndSection

Section "Device"
  Identifier "radeon"
  Driver "radeon"
  BusID "PCI:22:00:0"
  Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"
  Option "AccelDFS"    "True"
EndSection

Section "Device"
  Identifier "intel"
  Driver "intel"
  BusID "PCI:00:02:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier "LeftScreen"
  Device "radeon"
  Monitor "LeftMonitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier "RightScreen"
  Device "intel"
  Monitor "RightMonitor"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier     "My X Server"
#  Option      "Xinerama" "on"
#  Option      "Clone" "off"
  Screen      0  "LeftScreen" 0 0
  Screen      1  "RightScreen" RightOf "LeftScreen"
EndSection

But is not possible to move windows from the external monitors to the internal
display. You have to set the DISPLAY variable for the internal display.
For example i have a gnome-terminal on the internal display running:
DISPLAY=:0.1 gnome-terminal  -e "bash -c \"tail -f /var/log/Xorg.0.log
/var/log/kern.log ~/.xsession-errors;exec bash \"" &

regards
gyhor