Z13: ubuntu 14.10 not booting from USB, debian unstable works fine

Hi,

tried upgrading my Z13 from Ubuntu 12.10 (I think), but the upgrade failed
(sorry, forgot the details, was a few weeks back). Then I tried installing
Ubuntu 14.10 from scratch, but had problems booting from the USB image,
some display driver issues again I think. On a whim I installed a minimal
debian stable from a USB drive, and changed the repositories into unstable
("sid"). Everything seems to work fine! (Haven't tried the bumblebee/nvidia
stuff yet.)

Just thought this might be of some interest for somebody stuck with an old
Ubuntu version. =)

Follow ups