Re: Bumblebee z11 success

> Great to hear you're doing some progress jmalmari! Re polling the HDMI port
> for the edid info, I wrote something on the bumblebee wiki on this (
> https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/wiki/Multi-monitor-setup),
> but briefly, grep under sys/devices for your hdmi address ("find
> /sys/devices/ -iname edid") and put something like this in
> your xorg.conf.nvidia:
>
> Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:
> /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid"
>
> This used to work for me, but I haven't used my Z13 with external displays
> for a while! It just asks for the edid info from whatever monitor is
> connected to the HDMI port.

Yes, thanks Heikki. This did the trick. Silly me, I checked those edid files
with "file" command and they came up "empty" so I ignored them. When I actually
read the files "parse-edid < /sys/devices/.../edid" I got the right stuff.

So that's for the HDMI issue.

> > 1) HDMI EDID
Check!

For the rest:

> > 2) display suspend
Seems to be just a matter of power managing doing its stuff. I can bring the
display back on with "DISPLAY=:8 xset dpms force on"
Check!

> > 3) Acceleration for internal LCD when HDMI also enabled
> > I don't know whether Bumblebee is designed to work with two display
> > devices.
> > If I have both DFP-2 and DFP-0 (HDMI) enabled, drawing to X display ":8"
> > draws
> > to the external display. Running OpenGL application with optirun with ":0"
> > seems to try to draw to the internal LCD but fails to do so with error:
> >
> > % LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose optirun glxinfo
> > libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI3 capable
> > libGL: pci id for fd 6: 8086:0046, driver i965
> > libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/tls/i965_dri.so
> > libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so
> > libGL: Can't open configuration file ~/.drirc: No such file or directory.
> > libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI3 capable
> > libGL: pci id for fd 8: 8086:0046, driver i965
> > libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/tls/i965_dri.so
> > libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so
> > libGL: Can't open configuration file ~/.drirc: No such file or directory.

These weren't actually even errors. Not sure why the system tries to load
wrong GL library. Anyhow, things work just fine.
Check!

Additionally, if I want to run OpenGL accelerated stuff on external monitor I
need: "export DISPLAY=:8 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia-331", otherwise the
Check!

For the HDMI audio part, this document was very useful:
http://http.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/gpu-hdmi-audio-document/gpu-hdmi-audio.html
Brought some light on why I have four different HDA Nvidia audio devices and
which one is the correct one. Now my audio is also working fine.
Check!

Things look pretty good now. Except that right now I got some weird stuff about
system not finding the GPU at all. But hey, I signed up for this :)