speechcontrolteam team mailing list archive

Re: [Speechcontrol-devel] helping a team member.

2011/4/1 Chris <cyber.druif@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 13:37, manuela popping <hajour1973@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> hello all team members
>>
>> So if this is going good i will finally succeed to send a mail trough
>> launchpad mail.
>> So you all know jacky have major pc/laptop problems every time.
>> But he also put almost all his free time to work on speechcontrol and
>> wintermute program.
>> He not have a financial possibility to solve this.
>> That's why i write this mail.
>> I had thought if we all give a small how you call that pay from money.
>> we maybe succeed to let all small parts be together a great part.
>> what you all think for to donate a few bucks to jacky or we can buy whit
>> the team a laptop.
>> new or second hands.
>> i hope i will get response on this.
>> other good ideas are also welcome.
>>
>> for to let you know also.
>> i am now already more then 2 weeks busy whit reading logs to get info out
>> of it.
>> from which dev have which skill /interest same for the students.
>>

>> sincerely yours manuèla popping / hajour
>>                        teamleader from speechcontrol team.

> Hai hajour and the rest of the team(s),
> First off: great initiative. But to have a better idea what we should be
> aiming for, we should consider what laptop we would like to buy.
> To do this effectively, please respond to this email with your idea(s) or
> come to the meeting where we want to discuss this issue.
> The meeting will be this Sunday at 18:00 UTC, so come if you're available.
> The meeting will be kept in #speechcontrol-devel and I will chair the
> meeting.
> So if you've got other options, please share them so I can put them on the
> agenda. That way everyone has a moment to think about it beforehand.
> I'll have to set up the agenda, so I'll share that later.
> Current option we're looking at is System76's Lemur UltraThin [1] as it's
> pretty good value for money and comes with Ubuntu 10.10 pre-installed, but
> comes with a (hefty) price-tag from $699,-
> With metta,
> Chris Druif
> [1] http://www.system76.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=106

A little less than a year ago I bought a great laptop for our daughter.
The price tag was limited to 500 euro and she needed it for school
purposes of dyslexia.
current currency conversion: 500  EUR=708,01  USD

While the Lemur UltraThin comes from system76 with Ubuntu pre-installed,
it may not be of the best value, sorry.

I set a
- price limit to 500 euros
- minimal 4 GB memory