speechcontrolteam team mailing list archive

Re: Logo

I guess all that 'thinking' paid off for some of the most recognised logos
in the world....
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnJseYec23Daj5JGE-nAZOO7WhjVQXilpgZLr22gBg_8r9sImU
is one that springs to mind? One can be too clever and the design too
inticrate for those with poor eye sight. As accessibility is an issue for SC
a plain, bold logo is better for us. It prevents any complaints that whilst
we are 'pro' accessibility our logo is 'anti' accessibility. I still bear
the scars from getting a site to full 'AAA' accessibility, they can be quite
scathing on logos!

The remit was (20:27:17) Abhijit: GeorgS, no restriction. fell free to do
> your design. just make it understandable and attractive enough. we may be
> using this software for special childrens and ofcours for handicap people.
> so while designing keep that in mind.

Now you know why I do web-site coding and leave graphics design to those who
enjoy it. All I care about is a clean, easy on the eye logo :)

Regards,

Phill.