spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Organising ourselves

A big Hello! and Welcome! to everybody.

I'm not sure how many of the team have subscribed to the mailing list but nevermind. We finally got it approved, let's start using it :-)

This afternoon, I re-arranged the SU wiki a wee bit. As a tool, it must be effective and useful. Please take a look:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/SpreadUbuntu

An important aspect is the naming of things... we tend to have some communication problem, mostly due to former projects that had similar names... We will call the great big project "SpreadUbuntu", and it is composed of a "Site" part and a "diy" part. What we are focusing on, what hubuntu, meisok and I used to call only SpreadUbuntu, is the diy part. But just read the wiki :-)

As you can see, we have the main page and 3 first-level child pages: DIY part, Site part and idea pool. For now, I just placed what used to be SpreadUbuntu/Projects in SpreadUbuntu/diy and made a *very quick* introduction to the Site part. If anyone feels like completing the page about the Site part of SU, please do so! I did not take the time to search for all we talked about concerning this...

Also, waiting for jenda to contact me and give me some feedback on us taking over the project, I added the new SpreadUbuntu to the projects page here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Projects (I am sure that all are not listed as members, I just wrote down the first ones that came to my mind, we can put a link to the LP-team members page if you prefer...)

I am actually waiting for jenda to officially hand this over to us, on the wiki as well as in launchpad (see https://launchpad.net/spreadubuntu and https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-diy-marketing ). Once these two projects assigned to our team, we can use LP for starting to code, blueprint and the rest.

That's about it for now, I'm waiting for jenda now... also, it would be a good idea to re-arrange the diy page, introducing some sort of "task list" to get active...

got to go now,
bye,
pep.