spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Former contributors contacted, almost ready!

Hi,

OK, I talked with jenda, Dan Buch and Martin A (beuno). They were the main contributors to the last projects.

Concerning the rest of the "DIY Marketing team" (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-diy-team), I will contact them and inform them on our taking up SU again and where things are at now. But I wouldn't await too much enthusiasm, *we* have to get this going!

I got the two old projects (ubuntu-diy-marketing and spreadubuntu) assigned to our new team, and talked with Dan Buch (who wrote almost all the code if I got it right) about what we do with them, as there are bits of code and old blueprints still hanging around there... We decided to delete both. So I'll contact a launchpad staffer shortly to do that, and then create a new spreadubuntu project to get working on.

As usual, don't forget to check out the wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/SpreadUbuntu/diy It is important to keep it up-to-date, the status and task list are important imo if we don't want to see this project die out like the other ones. Feel free to scan the wiki pages of the old projects to complete our one (I'll add that to the open tasks) and if you want to tidy up a little please do so as well :)

Anyway, I feel the need for a SU meeting shortly... we are almost ready to start coding, so the time is coming to structure our ideas and decide what to do. The next marketing team meeting is on the 5th, this Saturday, see you then at the latest hopefully!

pep.