spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Repository structure/website interaction

On 05/07/08 13:13, Neal Bussett wrote:
> Author: Joe Smith
> Name: Installfest Poster
> Time: 2008-06-27[time time time]
> Version: 0.1.0
> Category: Poster
> [en]
> Data: installfest-en.pdf
> Source: installfest-en.svg
> [de]
> Data: installfest-de.pdf
> Source: installfest-de.svg
Surprisingly, this looks a lot like the package format that .deb files
contain. Why not package the whole lot as a repository, that way you
could add a source list to your sources.list and apt-get which-ever
package you need?

As for the primary key in any database you propose should not be a UID,
but an auto increment int. You might have an index on other parts, but
that is a totally different discussion - which I'm happy to have at some
stage. I'll bring 15 years of database design to the table when we do
discuss it.

The biggest part of all the discussions we should be having are design
discussions, design in my experience takes at least 50% of the effort,
coding 25% and testing 25%. At this time I think it would be premature
to specify a database structure until such time as functional
requirements have been fleshed out.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..