spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Repository structure/website interaction (Mike Feravolo)

Hello:

I have been very busy with other things the last few weeks but I have
been keeping up with what's happening with Ubuntu-Marketing.

In my travels, when I answer the question "What Do We Do", which really
means "What You Can Do for Us". I say that I can help you build an
community on the Internet to better serve your customers". Since using
any kind of reference to Linux or any other Computer Science term
finishes the conversation.

Okay, What I am getting at here is that the community is about the
people not the software. Right now I think that we really need to think
about what are we real requirements are thinking independent of what the
software is going to drive the site a little more.

Remember for the Software Life Cycle perspective this project is still
in the planning phase.

I don't know if any of you heard of R.S. Pressman the author of
"Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach", which is one of the
best selling Software Engineering text book in the world today. Which is
a good reference for every Software Engineer and I say that not just
because Roger was my faculty adviser my Senior Year(s) of college.

Keep Up the Good Work

Mike Feravolo

PS I didn't mean to send two if you got two, I meant to send it to the
whole list the first time :-)