spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Project secifications

Hi,

I set up the drupal site on the test/play server here: spreadubuntu.houbsi.org
All I did until now is installing the current ubuntu.com theme. (ubuntu07)
If you need an account to work on it, send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to give you one, if not, I promised Houbsi not to let more people than necessary have access to it ;-)
.
A couple of comments before going to bed...

Rubén Hubuntu a écrit :

    > * What information is required for the static site?

    - You're talking about the Site part, not the diy part. To be
    honest, I don't care for the moment, we fixed our focus on diy for
    now.

As I've said before this part is more important than I thought initially, but we need the DIY part of the SU up first. A parallel work could be started by those interested but our main efforts should be in the DIY site.
If someone would start working on the Site, specifying specs and goals for a start, that's great. But no stress here. I have some ideas on it too, but nothing really clear. (make it a place to share marketing ideas? or only a discovering site? etc... )

    * Which *type* of documents do we support?

    - Imo, we have to set someone on analysing the common
    document-types. I suppose all image files, all OOo files, vector
    graphics of course, anything else? Sound files? (podcasts,
    speeches...)

Marketing material and Artwork. This should include every single imaginable type of content that can be shared according to our Licensing policy (which of course we have to create).
A bit vague... but I see your point ;-)
I will add the setting up of a clear list in the todo on the wiki, the classification system still needs precision on the exact criteria.

I assume that having a flag for the supported languages in the upper right corner will do. By the time we have a usable demo (mid-august) the site will be up in Spanish and English.
Yes, my reflections are on a longer term basis. For a start you're completely right.

Every uploader MUST have a LaunchPad account since we are using OpenID with LP as the ONLY provider. No local users, just a local copy of the UserNames form LaunchPad.
I don't exactly see why you need a local copy of the UserNames from launchpad. Isn't this precisely not an issue due to openID? (If not we should talk with LP admins if it's possible to directly use their user database imo...) Correct me if I understood you wrong.

We may need an agenda for the meeting. I have no time now, but if someone can step up and give us a hand it would be wonderful.
Good point, I don't know if I'll have time either, maybe tomorrow evening but not sure at all.

good evening,
Pierre