From: Rubén Romero y Cordero <huayra@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Spreadubuntu] Huge Ubuntu Poster design.
To: John 'nox' Hand <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hei John!

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 5:42 PM, John 'nox' Hand <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings to all folks in the Spread Ubuntu team and mailing list!

Welcome to the team.

> For my college exam project in Communication/IT, I was given the task of
> creating a peice of advertisement for anything I wished. I decided to make a
> poster for Ubuntu Linux.
> This poster is created in, quite frankly, a massive size, measuring in at
> 7016x9921 pixels, which is the size required for a high quality A1 size
> poster printout.

Nice to see your excitement about Ubuntu. We will surely have use for
your poster!

> I would like to share this poster as one of the posters for the DIY Spread
> Ubuntu concept, and hope this could be used to advertise Ubuntu. It is
> released under Creative Commons, and uses only open sources, such as GPL'd
> vector images and Open Dejavu fonts.
>

> You can view a small export of the poster here:
> http://nox-hand.com/docs/ubuntuposter/Poster_English_Ubuntu_export_version_openversion_smalljpeg.jpg
>

> I have also uploaded a FULL resolution JPEG of the poster, but WARNING; 10mb
> jpeg!
> http://nox-hand.com/docs/ubuntuposter/Poster_English_Ubuntu_export_version_openversion_fulljpeg.jpg

The poster is looking good!

> I am going to upload the PSD upon request, so everything can be edited to
> hearts content. I am going to get it onto my own server over the next weeks
> time, but unfortunately, I sit with a 20kb/s upload rate, so the 550mb PSD
> will take a fair while.

As part of the SpreadUbuntu project we are planning on giving people
access to original content. It would be great to have access to your
PSD and eventually make a SVG copy of it. This makes easier to make
translations and adaptations/changes.

I would recommend you uploading the file to the Ubuntu Wiki where more
people will see it. Our site at the moment is not live yet, so in the
mean time the Ubuntu Wiki would be the right place for this.

Check out their material page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Materials

> Comments highly welcome!
>

> Cheers,
> John 'nox' Hand.